DOES IT LOOK GOOD? - APPLY WITH US!
You can apply for a place at our kindergarten for either early childhood education (3 to 5-year-olds) or pre-school education (6-year-olds). Both can be applied for via kindergarten application. In addition, you must apply for pre-school education through the official pre-school education application form of the City of Espoo. You can apply for a pre-school place with us even if your child has not previously attended our kindergarten.
In most cases, children start kindergarten in August at the beginning of the new school year. Places may also become available in the middle of the term. You should submit your kindergarten application as early as possible and let us know when you would like your child to start. Once your child is on our register, we can offer the family a place as soon as one becomes available.
This is how to apply for an early childhood education place (3 to 5-year-olds):
- Fill out and submit the online kindergarten application. Submitting an application does not commit you to anything. Alternatively, you can contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone (041 513 7773).
- Once we have received your application, we will contact you within a week or so to arrange a visit to the kindergarten. Together with your child, you can get to know our facilities, our activities and our staff.
- Your child's age-appropriate knowledge of Finnish or English is a prerequisite for successful early childhood education. During the introductory visit, we will assess your child's language ability (Finnish or English). If the child is well under 3 years old, we will assess language development closer to the start of kindergarten. A 3-5-year-old starting in early childhood education does not need to know any English. A child starting pre-school should have some knowledge of English.
- The kindergarten director and the teacher in charge will confirm the allocated place for the families.
This is how to apply for a pre-school place (6 years old) when your child is NOT yet in our nursery:
You can come directly to us for pre-school. You can apply for a pre-school place for your child by fill out the kindergarten application, even if your child is not yet in our kindergarten.
- Remember to secure your child's place in our kindergarten well in advance of the start of the City of Espoo's official pre-school application period (December-January) by submitting an kindergarten application. Submitting the application does not commit you to anything. Alternatively, you can contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (041 513 7773).
- Once we have received your application, we will contact you within a week or so about the availability of a place. At the same time, we will arrange a visit so that you and your child can get to know our facilities, our activities, and our staff. A child starting pre-school education must have some knowledge of English, so we will also assess the child's linguistic suitability (Finnish or English).
- Once you have confirmed your place, you can apply for a pre-school place in the City of Espoo's official call for applications and choose our kindergarten as your pre-school place. During the City of Espoo's official pre-school search (December-January), there will be a link to this on the City of Espoo's website. Families will receive direct instructions from the City of Espoo on how to apply for a pre-school place and a confirmation letter for a pre-school place.
This is how to apply for a pre-school place (6 years old) when your child IS already in our kindergarten:
When your child is already in our kindergarten, you must apply for a pre-school place through the City of Espoo's official application procedure. The official pre-school application is open from December to January, with a link on the City of Espoo website. Families will receive direct instructions from the City of Espoo on how to apply for pre-school education.
GOT QUESTIONS?WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP!041 513
7773 | email@example.com
CHILDREN LIVING IN KAUNIAINEN ARE ALSO WELCOME TO OUR KINDERGARTEN!
Families of children living in Kauniainen can also apply for a subsidised early childhood education or pre-school place. The City of Kauniainen pays a private day care allowance and sibling allowance to families in Kauniainen whose children are in our kindergarten.